7015 Old Keene Mill Rd, Suite 101
Springfield VA 22150
At our office we carry some of the latest technology to provide the best diagnostic and clinical care, and to provide the maximum amount of comfort for patients. With all the new advances in digital dental technology we are able to look at your teeth and dental health with more details and precision.
The Panoramic x-ray lets us take one full picture of your whole mouth that helps us see things that we could never see before. Our staff usually takes a Panoramic X-ray for all new patients visiting our office. The benefits of the Panoramic X-ray include:
• Providing a more comfortable experience rather than holding X-rays films inside your mouth.
• Giving us the opportunity to track and monitor the development of your teeth.
• Allowing the doctor to view your bone, tissue, and teeth structure, including the roots.
• The doctor may also use the panoramic X-ray to diagnose advanced periodontal disease, oral cysts, tumors and oral cancer, impacted teeth, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) and sinusitis.
• Studies show Panoramic X-ray may cut radiation dose by 40% in comparison with internal bite-wing x-ray studies.
Then our staff will use a NOMAD Pro 2 Handheld X-ray to take bite-wing and periapical X-rays.
Bite-wing X-rays show details of the upper and lower teeth in one area of the mouth and are used to detect decay between teeth and changes in bone density caused by gum disease.
Periapical X-rays show the whole tooth, from the crown to beyond the end of the root to where the tooth is anchored in the jaw. Each periapical X-ray shows this full tooth dimension and are used to detect any abnormalities of the root structure and surrounding bone structure.
The NOMAD Pro 2 Handheld system has reformed the way dental X-rays are taken. It is a lightweight product that makes it faster to take X-rays with fewer retakes. It is designed with an internal shielding that protects the operator from radiation leakage. This system can stay chair side with the patients, making it easier and comfortable for children and anxious patients to get an X-ray.
Then our office uses an XDR Dental Sensor, which provides high digital X-ray resolution, crystal clear images, and connects directly to our computers’ USB port. This makes it easier for us to store the images, and show the patients their X-rays right away. The XDR digital dental sensor has rounded corners with smooth edges with makes it comfortable for patients. XDR Dental Sensor has low radiation dose and instant radiographic images which makes it easier to take a look at a specific tooth that needs to treatment.